by Odette Montelibano
A healthcare marketing video is a powerful medium that will help build your practice. It provides more opportunities to boost organic traffic, engagement and conversion. When it comes to the maintenance of your website’s health you can trust the “clinical” evidence:
Healthcare marketing video stats
- 78% of people watch videos weekly and spend about 1.5 hours daily on videos. About 15% watch videos for an average of 3 hours (Hubspot).
- Videos are great for patient education. 72% of people prefer to watch a video over reading text when both options are available on a web page (Hubspot).
- Blog posts with videos attract 3x more inbound links compared to those without videos (SEOMoz).
- 1 minute of video is worth 1.8 million words (Forrester Research).
Healthcare marketing videos on social media
- YouTube viewers watch more than 500 million hours of videos daily (Business Insider).
- Facebook users watch more than 100 million hours of videos daily (TechCrunch).
- 82% of Twitter users watch video content (Twitter).
Here are 7 ways you can incorporate a health marketing video in your website:
- Virtual tour of your clinic – Viewing a virtual tour of your clinic will make patients feel familiar, comfortable and welcome. This may include an introduction to your team, the services you provide and your expertise.
- Patient testimonials – Imagine having a group of people endorsing your practice because you have helped them overcome a health issue. Testimonials are powerful because they are given willingly by people who are satisfied with your service without need for remuneration.
- Expert Interview – Pick a topic and flaunt your expertise. Give patients peace of mind that you are competent at what you do. Let them know they are in good hands under your care.
- General health education – Give general health advice, like advice on the importance of having an annual exam. This shows you’re a well-rounded physician.
- Inspirational patient success stories – Feature patients who have successfully overcome health issues through your help.
- Explain complex procedures or diseases – Some procedures and diseases are easier to explain through videos. For instance, a healthcare marketing video is your most effective tool when explaining nerve and muscle relationships which are often complicated. Here’s an example of a video production we made for one of our clients, AsktheDoctor.com:
- Promote an event or program – A good example is when your practice is running a vaccination program or looking for research participants.
Be sure to run a temperature check on your promotional marketing videos to avoid building notoriety. Read up on how the dancing doctor failed in her promotional videos.
A healthcare marketing video can effectively convey the principles of your practice in 90 seconds or less reaching a wider audience who delight in the 2-dimensional stimulation of their senses.
Book an appointment for a “physical” so we can prescribe the type of marketing video that will work best for you.